Endangered Missing Persons Alert Request Procedures (Law Enforcement Only)
The below procedures should be used by a law enforcement agency when requesting activation of the state’s Endangered Missing Persons Alert network:
- Fax the Endangered Missing Persons Alert Request Form to the State Operations
Center (SOC), Texas Division of Emergency Management at (512) 424-2281 or
- Email available photographs of the missing person to the SOC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the SOC at (512) 424-2208 or (512) 424-2277 to ensure the Endangered
Missing Persons Alert Request Form was received.
- Ensure appropriate entries are made within the Texas Crime Information Center
and National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC).
- Inform the SOC of any updates, to include when the missing person is located.
- Endangered Missing Persons Alerts issued by the State Network have a maximum
activation period of 24-hours. All requests for extension must be accomplished on
or before the last 23-hour reminder from the SOC.
It is important to contact your regional program (if applicable). Texas regional
programs are an effective tool, providing the public with rapid alert notifications through
organized local resources. Each regional program operates independently of the State
Network and must be contacted separately to request activation. Not all Texas
regional programs will have a “Endangered Missing Persons Alert” capability.
To verify if your agency participates within a regional program, contact the SOC at
(512) 424-2208 or (512) 424-2277.