File Management and Property Accounting
All records must be maintained in accordance with the DLA Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- DEMIL A and Q6 – Records must be maintained for two years and then may be purged
- DEMIL B-Q3 – Records must be kept for the life of the property or five years after transfer or turn-in and then may be purged
Files that must be retained:
- Original 1348-1A received with the property
- Transfer, Turn-in, Disposal approval records and accompanying 1348-1A.
- Signed copies of the 1348-1A once property is turned into the DLA Disposition Services Site
- All documentation concerning the acquisition, transfer, and turn-in of Weapons and Aircraft
The Chief Executive Official or the Head of Agency of the LEA is responsible for all 1033 Program controlled property.
LEAs must have 100% accountability of all Controlled Property.
- All controlled property (DEMIL B-Q3) must be inventoried annually.
- DEMIL A and Q6 Property in use for less than one year has the same requirements. After one year, title is transferred to the LEA and will no longer appear on the LEAs inventory.
A new website called FEPMIS was just released that will be the sole location for keeping track of all inventory received through the program. All transfers, turn-ins and disposals will be requested and managed through FEPMIS; thus eliminating all paperwork for these transactions. Watch our website for more information about FEPMIS and registration instructions.