File Management and Property Accounting
All records must be maintained in accordance with the DLA Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- DEMIL A – Records must be maintained for two years and then may be purged
- DEMIL B-Q6 – Records must be kept for the life of the property or five years after transfer or turn-in and then may be purged
Files that must be retained:
- Original 1348-1A received with the property
- Transfer, Turn-in, Disposal approval records and accompanying 1348-1A.
- Signed copies of the 1348-1A once property is turned into the DLA Disposition Services Site
- All documentation concerning the acquisition, transfer, and turn-in of Weapons and Aircraft
The Chief Executive Official and/or Authorized Official of the LEA is responsible for all 1033 Program controlled property.
LEAs must have 100% accountability of all Controlled Property.
- All property received must be inventoried annually by December 31 through FAMWEB (link below).
- DEMIL A Property in use for less than one year, has the same requirements. After one year, title is transferred to the LEA and will no longer appear on the LEAs inventory.
- All transfers, turn-ins and disposals will be requested and managed through FAMWEB. Contact the State Coordinators Office for approval and for further instructions on how to submit your request.
FLIPL (DD-200) (PDF)