A Variety of DPS-Related Photos Through the Years
Various law enforcement officers participate in a 1938 pistol match. Note the lack of ear protection and safety goggles! (And the cool fedoras.)
Women learned auto mechanic skills during a 1942 class. When World War II was in full swing, women on the homefront took over many traditionally male tasks.
This photo is from 1936 (we think), and it shows the Highway Patrol graduating class from that year. Included are members of the DPS management team as well as a little boy dressed in a miniature Highway Patrol uniform.
The original DPS headquarters building was at Camp Mabry in west Austin.
The current DPS headquarters building at North Lamar Boulevard and Koenig Lane in central Austin. We believe this photo to be from the late 1960s.