Recognized Emissions Repair Technician Qualifications
- have a minimum of three years full-time automotive repair service experience;
- possess current certification in the following areas based on the following tests offered by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Engine Repair (ASE Test Al)
- Electrical/Electronic Systems (ASE Test A6)
- Engine Performance (ASE Test A8)
- Advanced Engine Performance Specialist (ASE Test Ll)
- must be employed by a Recognized Emissions Repair Facility of Texas.