Exceptions for Registration
The following vehicles are exempt from registration:
- All terrain vehicles used in agriculture may be driven not more than 25 miles during the daytime, Must:
(1) have a valid driver’s license,
(2) have an orange triangle flag on top of an eight-foot pole,
(3) headlights and taillights illuminated,
(4) not drive on an interstate or limited-access highway.
- Anhydrous ammonia nurse tanks (these are classified as implements of husbandry).
- Converter dollies.
- Farm tractors
- Farm trailers and farm semitrailers with a gross weight not exceeding 4,000 pounds.
- Also includes trailers and semitrailers owned by cotton gins when used solely for supplying, without charge, to farmers to haul agriculture products from place of production to place of process, or storage.
- Also includes fertilizer trailers used solely to transport fertilizer, without charge, between a place of supply or storage to farms and return.
- Cotton seed trailers hauling cotton seed, without charge, between place of supply or storage to farms or place of process and return.
- Golf carts, to and from golf courses not more than two miles.
- Implements of husbandry
- Light trucks, jeeps, and cars being towed.
- Manufactured housing.
- Power sweepers.
- Port-a-lifts and jeep axles.
- Trailers or simitrailers used to transport seed cotton modules.
- A vehicle used to cross the width of a highway when the highway separates real property under the control of the owner of a motor vehicle.