How To Measure Length
- Truck Tractor - No Limit
- Truck - Measure from the front most part of the vehicle to the rear most part of the vehicle.
- Bus or Other Motor Vehicle - Measure same as truck.
- Trailer - Measure from the front of the box or the basic permanent load-bearing surface to the rearmost part of the vehicle. (Coupling devices should not be included in the measurement of a trailer.)
- Semi-Trailer - Measure same as trailer (Coupling device should not be included in the measurement of a semi-trailer.)
- Pole-Trailers - Measure from the front bolster to the rearmost part of the vehicle (coupling pole, rear bolster or wheels.)
- Truck Tractor Combinations - No over all limit on combination length. Measure individual trailers and/or semi-trailers as outlined for each class of vehicle.
- Truck or Other Motor Vehicle Combinations- Measure from front most part of the truck or other motor vehicle to the rear most part of the last vehicle in the combination.