Blue Alert Request Procedures
(Law Enforcement Only)
The below procedures should be used by a law enforcement agency when requesting activation of the state’s Blue Alert network:
- Fax the Blue Alert Request Form to the State Operations Center (SOC), Texas Division of Emergency Management at (512) 424-2281 or (512) 451-2291.
- Email available photographs of the suspect to the SOC at email@example.com.
- Contact the SOC at (512) 424-2208 or (512) 424-2277 to ensure the Blue Alert Request Form was received.
- Ensure appropriate entries are made within the Texas Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC).
- Inform the SOC of any updates, to include when the vehicle or suspect is located.
- Blue Alerts issued by the State Network have a maximum activation period of 24-hours. All requests for extension must be accomplished on or before the last 23-hour reminder from the SOC.
It is important to contact your regional program (if applicable). Texas regional programs are an effective tool, providing the public with rapid alert notifications through organized local resources. Each regional program operates independently of the State Network and must be contacted separately to request activation. Not all Texas regional programs will have a “Blue Alert” capability.
To verify if your agency has access to a regional program, contact the SOC at (512) 424-2208 or (512) 424-2277.