Food Safety Tips
- Always wash your hands with soap before and after handling food.
- Don't thaw frozen meat, poultry or fish on a counter or in a sink without cold
water as bacteria can multiply rapidly at room temperature.
- Clean food preparation surfaces and cutting boards with hot water, soap and
bleach or a sanitizing agent.
- Never allow raw meat, poultry, or fish to come into contact with other foods.
- Use pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes in place of raw eggs in foods that will not be cooked, such as ice cream.
- Keep food hot in the oven, or cold in the refrigerator or ice chest until it is ready to be served.
- Serve food on clean plates and platters, not those used previously for raw meat, fish, or poultry.
- Promptly refrigerate unused portions of food. Discard hot food that has been sitting out for more
than two hours (one hour if it has been outdoors on a warm day).