Public Assistance* Information
The President has approved a disaster declaration for Texas in association with Hurricane Dolly. The declaration makes federal funding available to State and eligible local governments and certain private, non-profit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for Public Assistance - Categories A through G (see List at bottom of this page for definiftions) incuding direct federal assistance. Federal funding is also available on a cost-sharing basis for Hazard Mitigation measures, statewide. Not all counties have been approved for all categories.
See List of Declared Counties
(* Public Assistance means assistance to state and local governments, not individuals and families).
List of Declared Counties.
- Public Assistance Forms and Information
- Federal Register Notices
- DHS Emergency Management Mission-Integrated Environment (EMMIE)
- Disaster-Specific Guidance for the Public Assistance Program
- Other Agencies for Disaster Relief
- To Report Consumer Fraud / Price Gouging in Disaster Relief
Texas Division of Emergency Management.
ATTN: State Public Assistance
P.O. Box 4087
Austin, TX 78773
Phone: (512) 424-7843
- Category A: Debris Removal
- Category B: Emergency Protective Measures
- Category C: Roads and Bridges - Repair of roads, bridges, shoulders, ditches, lighting and signs
- Category D: Water Control Facilities - Repair of irrigation systems, drainage channels and pumping facilities; repair of levees, dams and flood control channels is eligible but limited
- Category E: Buildings and Equipment - Repair or replacement of public buildings, including contents and systems; heavy equipment; and vehicles
- Category F: Utilities - Repair of water treatment and delivery systems; power generation facilities and distribution lines; and sewage collection and treatment facilities
- Category G: Parks, Recreational Facilities, Other - Repair and restoration of parks, playgrounds, pools, cemeteries and beaches; work otherwise not covered in categories A-F