Missing Persons Clearinghouse
The following guidelines must be met before
information on a missing or unidentified deceased/living person can be entered into the
Texas Department of Public Safety Missing Person On-Line Bulletin.
(Information on a Texas
missing person or a person missing from another state but believed to be in Texas.)
Unidentified Deceased/Living Person
- The parent, spouse, or guardian must contact a law
enforcement agency and file a missing person report. The missing person must be entered
into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) files by the law enforcement agency.
- A "Missing Persons
Clearinghouse MP-3 Report Form" must be signed, completed
and returned to the MPCH. (Forms can be obtained from the MPCH
or online at Downloadable Forms).
- A current, original photograph
must be received by the MPCH. (NOTE: Do not write on the back of the photo.)
- In case of parental abductions, a copy of the
custody order stating that the reporting parent has custody must be
received by MPCH.
- The parent, spouse, guardian or investigating
officer must notify MPCH immediately of the location or return of the missing person.
- The unidentified deceased/living person must be
entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) files by the law enforcement
- Submit as much pertinent information on the
unidentified as possible; such as a photograph (if available), dental
records, fingerprints, etc.
- The law enforcement agency must notify MPCH
immediately upon identification.