Instructions to Applicant
- Submit your application on-line. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified by email or phone to continue on to step 2 through 4 if you meet the minimum requirements.
- Print and complete the HR-99 (PDF), and RC-4A (Hr-99 and RC-4A must be notarized). Please provide the following documents:
If you have ever been arrested, charged or convicted of any criminal offense(s) you must provide a copy of the police report and court disposition.
The competitive examination for the position of Trooper Trainee, Texas Department of Public Safety, will be given at Texas Department of Public Safety offices designated by the Regional Recruiter or Tester.
All documents must be submitted to a Recruiter/Tester in order to be scheduled for testing.
Submit the required documents in person or by mail to the Texas Department of Public Safety office located in the city most convenient to you.
All attachments, forms and required documents become the property of this Department.
- Military history, if any (DD 214, Member 4 or NGB-22 (you may provide a memorandum from your Commanding Officer or have your Commanding Officer complete the Department's Military Discharge Form (PDF).)
- Certified copy of college transcript
- Certified copy of original birth certificate
- A current copy of your Credit report
- Certified High school transcript or GED
- Social Security Card & Drivers License (If submitting documents by mail you must bring originals on scheduled testing date)